I cleaned out the flower beds, flower pots and put the lawn furniture away. Then Mark rototilled the garden. I don't think we have ever been able to do that before the first unexpected snowfall and winter freeze so that will be nice for next spring. We didn't have a very good garden this year because of the late wet spring we had. We did have sucess though with our raspberry bushes so there will be plenty of raspberry jam to go around.
Mark looked outside on Sunday and he couldn't believe how many more leaves had fallen off of our trees and bushes. He said it looked as if he hadn't even raked any leaves the day before. I told him that is what we get for having so many trees and bushes in our yard. He said he is ready to cut some of them down then---just kidding. It's pretty bad when the weather has been warmer here than in Mississippi, although we won't trade Jake for the humidity! We're glad that the leaves weren't frozen on the trees like last year.
I'll take some of that surplus raspberry jam!! :) That's great that you got to rototill the garden. I'm surprised you haven't had a little snow yet. I'm sure mother nature will make up for it later.
ReplyDelete